Pages

Thursday 8 July 2021

Woodtech

 Hello boys and girls,

Step 1/intro

This term for we have been doing Woodtech. We have it Period 4 on a Tuesday and period 3 on a Thursday. We have been making speakers. The First thing we did is get a piece of wood which looks like a rectangle. We had 2 pieces of wood, one was the front and the other was the back. Then we marked out holes with a marker to see where we were gonna drill them. 

Step 2

Then We drilled out our holes. I started on the back and when I finished the back I worked on the front. When we finished that we Put the box together. We got 2 Thick  rectangular wood bits for the sides of the box and got this small thick bit of wood for the ends. We had to glue them together so we clamped the wood so it wouldn't move and glued it and waited for it to dry than added the nails and the box was know finished but we know had to put in the the electronics.

Step 3

Then we painted our boxes, I added white to every colour on my box. So when I put red on it turned to pink, and when I put yellow on It was a really light yellow, and I added lots of other colours like purple, green, blue and just white. I reckon the colours on my box looked very cool. My favourite colour on my box was the purple.

Step 4 

For step two we drilled 2 massive holes on the front of our box. Now we are adding the mesh and the actual speakers to the two holes that we made. First we hot glued the mesh over the The hole from the inside. When We did that we added the speaker part. The part where the sound comes out of.

Step 5

Now we have to solder If you don't know what that Is it is like if you have to bits of wire. Then you get some solder and use this really hot thing, I don't know what it is called and melt it onto the wire it it basically connects them together. So I we got battery pack and solders the together because t had wires and got a switch for a light that we put onto it. When we finished all that we put battery in and tested it out to see if the light was gonna turn on.



No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something helpful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.