Pages

Friday 9 July 2021

Australian Bush Fires

 Hello boys and girls,

Today I am going to be telling you about natural disasters. Well one which was the Australian bush fires. I'm going to tell you where, who has it affected and what caused it, so lets get started.

The fires started because of a lightning strike.Also the changing of the climate might have caused the fire and helped it spread.

The fire started around Hawkesbury, Hunter Valley, Cudgegong, Blue Mountains and Central Coast local in Australia.

It affected about 143 million mammals, 180 million birds, 51 million frogs and 2.5 billion reptiles were affected by the fires. 15 million acres of land has been burnt to the ground from the fire. 1,400 homes have been destroyed. 41,000 koalas were killed or harmed by the ferocious fires. There was about 445 deaths.

The Start of the Bush fires started about June 2019. The fire was extinguished on 10 February 2020.

The Australia Fires: Everything You Need to Read - The New York Times
Photos Of Australia Before And After Wildfires Highlight Devastating  Destruction
Australia braces for bush fire crisis to escalate through the weekend - The  Washington Post
 I have learnt that about over a billion animals were killed or harmed from the fires. I really want to learn about Space like the moon landing or facts about different stars and planets.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something helpful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.