Pages

Monday 26 November 2018

Information In Are Words


W.A.L.T: read information and then re-write the important parts in our own words.

Today for reading we are learning to put information in are words for armistice day.

This is the paragraph I read about Armistice Day.

"At 11am on 11 November this year, Aotearoa New Zealand marked the centenary of the armistice that ended the First World War in 1918. On that day 100 years ago, after four years of brutal conflict, war finally gave way to peace." - From https://ww100.govt.nz/armistice.

This is how I re-wrote the paragraph in my own words.

On the 11 of November world war one ended on 11’am in 1918. It is 2018 now and it was 1918 when the war ended so it was exactly 100 years ago.The war took four years and started in 1914.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something helpful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.